SA Water is the leading provider of water and sewage services to around 1.6 million South Australians. With over 1500 dedicated staff working in a range of professions from engineers to microbiologists, we are committed to ensuring our services represent excellent value. For more than 160 years we have been providing a reliable supply of safe, clean water and a dependable sewerage system. Our expertise in water quality is recognised around the globe and we proudly support the growth and economic development of South Australia.
Senior Financial Analyst
Job no: 496470
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: SA - Adelaide
We have an 18 month fixed term contract (with potential opportunity to extend) within our Financial Planning and Investment team for a high-performing Senior Financial Analyst.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading the financial review of large investment proposals and initiatives across the business including business case review, financial NPV modelling and risk vs cost trade-offs;
- Identifying and assessing emerging budget issues and undertaking the bi-annual State Budget process; and
- Delivering advice and insight to influence business outcomes through key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
You will be participating as the financial lead on large initiatives, therefore discretion and confidentially is mandatory as you will be operating in a politically sensitive environment and on corporately confidential initiatives.
Your success in this opportunity will be delivered through key capabilities, including:
- Sound understanding and analytical capabilities to model future projections and critiquing assumptions of long-term options analysis (including NPV, IRR, Payback period concepts) of business cases;
- Ability to undertake a corporate wide budget process in line with State Government requirements including analysis of budget impacts whilst maintaining integrity of the budget and high level targets;
- Articulate the importance that budgeting and investment decisions have on cash management, funding constraints and financial viability to key stakeholders.
- Provide holistic advice to the business and work collaboratively with the business to achieve desired outcomes.
Tertiary qualifications in accounting, economics or finance are essential as is continuing education and membership within relevant professional organisations (i.e. FTA, CPA or CA etc.) to ensure your knowledge is continually being developed. Further key accountabilities, essential and desirable skills can be identified in the attached PD: Senior Financial Analyst PD 150518.pdf
SA Water is a diverse and inclusive workplace; we adopt activity based working and embrace a balanced life-style. If you have the skills and experience aligned to this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply click the ‘apply’ button below. Applications close 9am 28 May 2018.
Further information can be directed to Celine Bryan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not apply.
Back to search results Apply now